Can I just say, YAY TARGET WINNIPEG!!!!!
There kinda is nothing more fun than a bright new shiny untouched CLEAN well kept store that is actually properly staffed! This is what the line looked like at 7:45 am before Target opened to the public for the firs time. This location is in Southdale at Winnipeg, Manitoba. The target at Kildonan Place also opened at 8am this morning. Also the Target location in Brandon opened this morning as well.
Everyone waiting in line was excited and friendly. Security was there lining us up and the staff greeted us super warmly on the way in. I even high fived an employee. Isn’t it beautiful against the bright blue newly spring Winnipeg sky?
It was nice to be welcomed in a shopping space and to be greeted by the large hanging ode to Canada in the entrance way. Nice touch Target. You guys all know how I have a habit of <3’ing everything in my path and I thought it was lovely that Target <3’s Canada.
My first giddy stop was into the Womens fashion department. One of my biggest complaints when I go shopping at Target in the states is that the sizes are picked over. Today – I got first pick on the sizes. And boy did that make me happy! Target has some really lovely clothing. Decent prices too. Summer dresses are 24.99 – nice embellished shirts are 14.99-19.99. I enjoy having the extra clothing options. I also picked up a lovely black Merona purse for 34.99.
Evan enjoyed sitting in the clean shopping carts. For some reason I like the plastic carts so much better.
They have a pretty extensive make up selection with ok prices. Again it’s nice to have the extra option. Often when I head to the store to buy makeup it’s well picked over.
People have been asking me if it’s really worth it? And if the prices are good. And what I have to say to you is that Target is wonderful because they have unique stock and items. Check out this glass creamer shaped like a milk carton. So cute. I think the prices are fairly reasonable for the uniqueness that it brings to our city. They have different and unique stock that you just don’t find at other stores. In sections especially like their home wares, clothes, shoes and toys etc.
The toy section is very neat because they have it themed by gender. The background of the shelving is blue for boy gendered toys and the pink background is for girl gendered toys. There is also a yellow background for all the preschool aged toys. They commented in a video that they did this because they feel that this is how adults shop for toys. By gender first and then by age next. Not super progressive, but true and it works I suppose.
The food prices are about average to your regular NOT on sale grocery store prices.
Here you can see the 2% milk costs 4.65 and the 3% milk costs 4.97.
They had a grocery section kind of similar to the size of what Zellers previously had – maybe a little bigger.
Here are the items I purchased. The dresses were 24.99 each, the t shirt 14.99. The purse was 34.99, the lettuce was 2.99, the critter cups were 2.49, the lunch box was 6.99 and the fanny pack was 3.00.
I asked a manager who was guiding customers to the checkouts about their coupon policy and kind of got a bit of a dirty look and attitude from him about it though. There just doesn’t seem to be any retailer in Winnipeg that is coupon friendly. Time will tell.
In the Targets in other provinces they are allowed to use the Target printable coupons ALONG with a manufacturers coupon which could potentially give you a lot of savings. They also DO price match and take manufacturers coupons.
All in all I was very impressed and am happy to have a new store in the area. I am also excited to see when they start putting flyer prices out! Then we will have that extra opportunity for price matching in THEIR stores and at other stores too.
Please feel free to share your opinions about the new target stores here and to share this article with your friends. Thanks all and happy shopping!
Here is their printable coupon section: http://www.target.ca/en/coupons and their coupon policy is also on that page as well!
Target® Stores Coupon Policy
Coupons are a great way to save even more when shopping with us, and it’s easy to use them at our stores. When accepting coupons, we follow the guidelines below. These guidelines apply to all coupons accepted at Target (checkout coupons, internet coupons, mailed coupons, coupons from newspapers and magazines, etc.).
- Coupons must be presented at checkout and before your transaction is completed.
- Each coupon is reviewed at checkout to ensure compliance with these guidelines.
Manufacturer and Target Coupons:
- Target accepts one manufacturer coupon and one Target coupon for the same item (unless prohibited by either coupon).
- Limit of four identical coupons per household, per day, unless otherwise noted on the coupon.
- Item purchased must match the coupon description (brand, size, quantity, colour, flavour, etc.).
- Coupon amount may be reduced if it exceeds the value of the item after other discounts or coupons are applied.
- We can’t give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item.
- All applicable sales taxes are paid by the guest at the full value of the item.
- Coupons can be redeemed against an item for which a guest holds a valid rain check, unless coupon has expired.
- Target only accepts coupons that are valid in Canada.
Internet (Print-at-Home) Coupons:
- We gladly accept valid internet coupons that contain a clear and scannable bar code.
- We do not accept internet coupons for free items with no purchase requirements.
Buy One Get One Free (BOGO) Coupons:
- BOGO coupons cannot be combined (i.e. you cannot use two BOGO coupons on two items and get both for free). Unless stated otherwise on the coupon, the use of one BOGO coupon requires that two valid items be presented at checkout. The full retail price of one item will be charged to the guest and the second item will be discounted by its full retail price.
- A second cents-off coupon of the same type cannot be redeemed toward the purchase price of the first item.
- If any Target BOGO coupon is used, one additional manufacturer coupon may be used on the first item.
- If any manufacturer BOGO coupon is used, one additional Target coupon may be used on the first item.
- Returns of items purchased using manufacturer coupons as a form of payment may receive coupon amount returned in the form of a Target GiftCard.
- Excessive returns of items purchased with coupons may be denied.
- Coupons are void if copied, scanned, transferred, purchased, sold, prohibited by law, or appear altered in any way.
- We can’t accept coupons from other retailers, or coupons for products not carried in our stores.
- Some items may not be available at all stores.
- We do not accept mobile coupons.
- We do not accept mail-in rebate coupons.
- We do not accept expired coupons.
- We reserve the right to accept, refuse, or limit the use of any coupon.